continuation from yesterday

  1. #1
    Mindy
    Guest

    continuation from yesterday

    Hi. Yesterday I got some help with being able to click on email addresses.
    Today I'm trying to do the same thing, but first I had an error message
    saying I had to adjust the security settings for the macros to work, so I did
    that. Now I have the file open, but when I click on an email address, it says
    Cannot open the specified file. What is going on?

  2. #2
    shaunap
    Guest

    RE: continuation from yesterday

    Hi Mindy,

    I did some searching and found that David McRitchie has done many macros.
    If you search through the Programming newsgroup there are tons of Macro
    advice. Anyway the following is one that Dave did for specifically this
    issue. I imported some e-mail address' into excel to try myself and it
    worked perfectly.

    Sub MakeEmailLinks()
    Dim cell As Range
    Dim i As Integer
    For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _
    Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants, xlTextValues))
    If InStr(1, cell, "@") > 0 Then
    With Worksheets(1)
    .Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=cell, _
    Address:="mailto:" & cell.Value, _
    ScreenTip:=cell.Value, _
    TextToDisplay:=cell.Value
    End With
    End If
    Next cell

    This is Dave's link.

    Hope it all works out for you.

    Shauna

  3. #3
    Mindy
    Guest

    RE: continuation from yesterday

    Shauna,

    Thank you so much for helping, you have been wonderful! Do I need to delete
    the macro I inserted yesterday before inserting this one?

  4. #4
    shaunap
    Guest

    RE: continuation from yesterday

    Hi Mindy,

    No you don't need to delete it but if it's of no use then you definitely
    can. It won't hurt anything. You can have many macros (not sure if limited)
    in a document.

    Shauna

  5. #5
    Mindy
    Guest

    RE: continuation from yesterday

    Hi Shauna,

    I can send emails to the people I have already emailed but I'm still getting
    that error for the people I haven't emailed yet.