Employee Time Sheets?

  1. #1

    Employee Time Sheets?

    Anyone out there can help me with a worksheet project? I am trying to
    set up a timesheet formula where I can input the total number of hours
    worked in the wek and then have it calculate into two seperate cells,
    regular hours (hours under 41) and overtime (hours over 40). I know
    this seems simple,but how do I do it if the hours are less than 40?
    Does this make sense? This is stumping me right now.

  2. #2
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: Employee Time Sheets?

    Let's say your Total Hours are in Cell A1.

    For your "Regular Hours" use this formula:

    =MIN(A1,40)

    For you "Overtime Hours" use this formula:

    =MAX(A1-40,0)

    HTH,
    Elkar

  3. #3
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Employee Time Sheets?

    Sum the total hours (You will need to format this as [hh]:mm or hours over
    24 will show as days

    Then, presuming this sum is in G1, enter in H1

    =IF(G1<1.708333,G1,1.666666)

    in I1 enter

    =IF(G1>=1.708333,G1-1.708333,0)

    format the results as [hh]:mm (via Format>Cells...>Custom)

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Employee Time Sheets?

    Adding to my answer, as you have a different interpretation from Elkar...I
    am presuming you are entering times as times recognisable to Excel, 40:00:00
    as opposed to whole numbers (40), which Excel will see as days

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

    news:%[email protected]...

  5. #5

    Re: Employee Time Sheets?

    Sorry, Ican't get this to work. Anybody wanna email me a spreadsheet
    withthis already done somehow? I apologize.

  6. #6
    shaunap
    Guest

    RE: Employee Time Sheets?

    OK, Say the following is your data in columns B - H with tot - ot in I - K

    Sun Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Tot Reg
    O/T
    5 8 8 8 8 8 5

    Under Total put a simple sum formula =sum(B1:H1) This will give you a total
    of all hours worked.
    Under Regular hours you need an If Statement "=IF(I5>40,40,I5)". This will
    give you a total of regular hours up to 40.
    Under O/T hours you need another IF statement "=IF(I5>40,I5-40,0)". This
    will give you a total of all hours worked over 40 in the week.

    If you also need to calculate hours of o/t worked on a per day basis in
    addition to the o/t calculated on a weekly basis then you're going to have to
    get into nested if statements. By this I mean if overtime is paid on
    anything over 8 hours a day and or over 40 hours a week. Somebody could work
    20 hours in one week but still be entitled to 4 hours of overtime if they put
    in two 10 hour days.

    Hopefully this helps you out.

    Shauna

  7. #7
    Solwezi, Zambia
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

    Re: Employee Time Sheets?

    Hi did you come up right with your excel sheet?