Application.Caller

  1. #1
    Marcelo
    Guest

    Application.Caller

    Hi all,

    I am trying to use this Chip Person function, it doesn't work, if I use
    =thissheetname()

    Function ThisSheetName() As String
    Application.Volatile True
    ThisSheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name
    End Function

    who knows why?

    regards from Brazil - going to the 6th *
    Marcelo

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Application.Caller

    Works by me!

    I entered =ThisSheetName() in a cell, it returned Feuil1, which is exact.

    AP

    news: [email protected]...

  3. #3
    Marcelo
    Guest

    Re: Application.Caller

    Hi Ardus, its return #name? here.

    did you paste the code in a Module or in a class Module

    regards
    Marcelo

  4. #4
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Application.Caller

    I pasted it in a standard module.

    Cheers,

  5. #5
    Vincnet.
    Guest

    RE: Application.Caller

    Hi!
    Just a comment: why use a macro when you have formula to do the job?
    When needed, I use the following one:
    =RIGHT(CELL("filename",A2),LEN(CELL("filename",A2))-FIND("]",CELL("filename",A2)))

    --
    KR

    V.

  6. #6
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Application.Caller

    I did not actually enter the formula, but used the function wizard.

    enter:
    =[PERSONAL.XLS].ThisSheetName()

    AP

    %[email protected]...