Pivot Tables

  1. #1
    Reggiee
    Guest

    Pivot Tables

    Hi,

    I have a Pivot Table (PT) that gives me all the analysis that I need but
    what I want to do is email out sections of it to Area Managers so that they
    see the basic layout with data relating to them but not be able to see other
    Area Managers data. Is there an easy way to do this - dont want to take
    screenshots etc and when I use the send to email recipient option it seems to
    take the PT layout but still allows the user to change the PT to see other
    information.

    Any clues?

    Reggiee

  2. #2
    SimonCC
    Guest

    RE: Pivot Tables

    How about protecting the sheet with a password before sending it out?

    -Simon

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Tables

    If the data is in the file, other managers will be able to see it.
    Even if you protect the worksheet, it can be unprotected, and the data
    will be accessible.

    If you really want them to see only their own data, create a file with
    just their data in a table, and base the pivot table on that.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures

  4. #4
    Reggiee
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Tables

    Thanks people but not really the answer I wanted )-:

    Probably easier to do screenshots at this rate.

    Thanks anyway

  5. #5
    Del Cotter
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Tables

    On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, in microsoft.public.excel.misc,
    Reggiee <[email protected]> said:

    >Thanks people but not really the answer I wanted )-:
    >
    >Probably easier to do screenshots at this rate.

    Screenshots would be a bit drastic. I would recommend
    cut-and-paste-special to a fresh new sheet instead. First paste the
    values, then paste the formats.

    Alternatively, link a template spreadsheet to your pivot chart in
    another spreadsheet, then, just before you save and send it to your
    managers, break the link. That way, all they'll get is the data that was
    linked.

    --
    Del Cotter
    NB Personal replies to this post will send email to [email protected],