Array Formula w/ COLUMN & MATCH FUNCTIONS

  1. #1
    SJT
    Guest

    Array Formula w/ COLUMN & MATCH FUNCTIONS

    I am using the following array formula
    =MATCH(1,(B10:H10+B15:H15>100)*(COLUMN(B1:H1)<>COLUMN(C1)),0) and was
    wondering what would be the syntax that would allow me to ignore more than
    one column (let's say "E").

    Also, was wondering if there is a way to write the formula so that in
    addition to avoid reviewing column "c" in the above formula there is a way to
    avoid having return "2" it doesn't count it (i.e., if a match is found in
    column "d" then instead of returning the number "3" it returns "2" because
    "c" doesn't count). Thanks again

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Array Formula w/ COLUMN & MATCH FUNCTIONS

    =MATCH(1,(B10:H10+B15:H15>100)*(COLUMN(B1:H1)<>COLUMN(C1))*(COLUMN(B1:H1)<>COLUMN(E1)),0)

    AP

    [email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Array Formula w/ COLUMN & MATCH FUNCTIONS

    My previous post does not answer your 2nd question.

    Cheers,

  4. #4
    SJT
    Guest

    Re: Array Formula w/ COLUMN & MATCH FUNCTIONS

    Thanks for your help. Is it possible to do what I inquired about in the
    second half of the question?

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Array Formula w/ COLUMN & MATCH FUNCTIONS

    Do you mean

    =MATCH(TRUE,(B10:H10+B15:H15>100),0)-1

    Bob Phillips

    news:#faUJ#[email protected]...