Turn off automatic change of mailname from salutation

  1. #1
    honey
    Guest

    Turn off automatic change of mailname from salutation

    When I change the salutation, it automatically changes the mailname. How do I
    turn this feature off>

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Turn off automatic change of mailname from salutation

    Honey

    Not sure what you need.

    What do you consider a "salutation"?

    What is the "mailname"?

    Neither of these terms seem to be connected with Excel.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    honey
    Guest

    Re: Turn off automatic change of mailname from salutation

    The Excel file is set up with headings:
    Last name, Salutation, Mailname, Street, City, State, Zip, etc...

    I want to set the Salutation to be "Jane and John" while the Mailname is
    "Mr. and Mrs. John Doe." Every time I try to change the Salutation, Excel
    automatically changes the Mailname to "Jand and John Doe." I don't know why
    it's doing that, and I don't know how to make it stop.

    Thanks!

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Turn off automatic change of mailname from salutation

    Honey

    Ahhh! the light blinks on.

    I do not use Excel as a mail-sending application.

    Nobody I know has any interest in anything I could produce in Excel<g>

    Ron de Bruin is the King of Sending by Mail via Excel.

    Visit his site to see what he has for instructions.

    Note his SendMail Add-in, free for download.

    Gord

  5. #5
    honey
    Guest

    Re: Turn off automatic change of mailname from salutation

    I'd like to try his web site. Where is it?

  6. #6
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Turn off automatic change of mailname from salutation

    Start here:

    http://www.rondebruin.nl/

    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Turn off automatic change of mailname from salutation

    Sorry about that Honey.

    Thanks RD

    Having a senior moment.

    Gord

    On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:08:24 -0700, "Ragdyer" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Start here:
    >
    >http://www.rondebruin.nl/

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP