how do I merge data from separate spreadsheets

  1. #1
    Gary Milks
    Guest

    how do I merge data from separate spreadsheets

    I have 4 separate spreadsheets with "sales lead" information. I would like
    to merge the information from the 4 spreadsheets into a consolidated sheet.
    All spreadsheets have the same column information. Manually, this is easy
    with cut and paste, however, I would like this automated. So in the
    "summary" spreadsheet, I would like it to open each of the others, bring in
    their data, then sort by the first column.
    I have been successful showing a window to the other spreadsheets, however,
    this does not allow for any data manipulation.

    Thank you for any help you can provide.

  2. #2

    Re: how do I merge data from separate spreadsheets

    Ron de Bruin has lots of sample code for how to merge data:
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm