Due Dates / Overdue items

  1. #1
    Nic
    Guest

    Due Dates / Overdue items

    I have basic knowledge of excel so please bear with me.

    I am setting up a tracking spreadsheet. Three of the columns are date sent,
    due date and date received. I need the due date to automatically be inserted
    as 5 working days after the date sent. I don't know the formula to do this.

    Also, I have the following formula in the date received colomn
    =IF(J4<TODAY(),"OVERDUE","CURRENT")
    but don't want anything to be displayed if there is nothing in J4. At the
    moment, the blank cells that haven't been used yet already have the word
    CURRENT in that column and this is confusing.

    Any help pn this is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Nic

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Due Dates / Overdue items

    Nic,
    Due date= Date sent + 5 with cells formatted as Date

    =A1+5 if A1 has Date sent

    and for your second query ...

    =IF(J4<>"",IF(J4<TODAY(),"OVERDUE","CURRENT"),"")

    HTH

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Due Dates / Overdue items

    > but don't want anything to be displayed if there is nothing in J4

    Just add a front error trap for "nothing" in J4:
    =IF(J4="","",IF(J4<TODAY(),"OVERDUE","CURRENT"))
    --
    Max
    Singapore

  4. #4
    Stefi
    Guest

    RE: Due Dates / Overdue items

    „Nic” ezt *rta:

    > I have basic knowledge of excel so please bear with me.
    >
    > I am setting up a tracking spreadsheet. Three of the columns are date sent,
    > due date and date received. I need the due date to automatically be inserted
    > as 5 working days after the date sent. I don't know the formula to do this.

    If sent date is in A2, then insert in due date cell =A2+5

    > Also, I have the following formula in the date received colomn
    > =IF(J4<TODAY(),"OVERDUE","CURRENT")
    > but don't want anything to be displayed if there is nothing in J4. At the
    > moment, the blank cells that haven't been used yet already have the word
    > CURRENT in that column and this is confusing.

    =IF(ISBLANK(J4),"",IF(J4<TODAY(),"OVERDUE","CURRENT"))

  5. #5
    Nic
    Guest

    RE: Due Dates / Overdue items

    Thanks for your help.

    I need the date to display 5 working days from now (eg if it was sent on a
    Wednesday it will be due on the following Tuesday). The +5 function does not
    take this into account.

    Any help on this one?

    Thanks
    Nic