Rank Function

  1. #1
    Jeana
    Guest

    Rank Function

    I don’t understand this rank function. I need some help please. I have
    looked up the site that has been recommended
    (http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rank.htm) and that helped somewhat, but I
    guess I just don’t understand all of it.

    I would like to use the function to see a set of numbers in column and rank
    those numbers in ascending order. My function looks like:
    =COUNT(N$2:N$13)-(RANK(N2,N$2:N$5)+COUNTIF(N$2:N2,N2))+2, but it’s not
    working as I thought that it should. What am I missing?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Rank Function

    try Chip Person web page

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rank.htm

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Rank Function

    OP mentioned that page as useless for her needs!

    Cheers
    --
    AP

    news: [email protected]...

  4. #4
    Marcelo
    Guest

    Re: Rank Function

    Ops !!!! sorry friends

    i didn't have noticed

    regards

  5. #5
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Rank Function

    <<<"but it’s not working as I thought that it should.">>>

    Just exactly how *should* it work?

    Run these 2 elementary rank formulas, and post back with what they're *not*
    doing, that you would like them to do.
    Maybe that way a better understanding of your wishes can be achieved.

    =RANK(N2,N$2:N$5)
    =RANK(N2,N$2:N$5,1)

    RD

    news:[email protected]...