[SOLVED] Make chart title based on a cell?

  1. #1
    pokdbz
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Make chart title based on a cell?

    Is there a way to make the chart title based on a cell?

  2. #2
    JonR
    Guest

    RE: Make chart title based on a cell?

    From one of my earlier posts:

    When you create your chart, don't use the chart title, or if you do, put
    something in there just as a placeholder, since you'll be deleting it (that
    way the chart size will adjust to accomodate for the space).

    Delete your title box on the chart. Draw a text box where the title was.
    Whith your text box active, click in the formula window and type
    ='SheetName'!A1 where SheetName is the name of the sheet and A1 is the cell
    where the title resides. Whatever is in that cell will display in the text
    box, which can be formatted to look like a title. You must type that into
    the formula bar at the top. If you type it into the text box as if you were
    entering text, the box will display the formula, not the value in the
    referenced cell.

    JonR

  3. #3

    Thumbs up

    Great tip JonR - solved a problem I had been struggling with. However I have found you don't need to draw the box - select the Chart, type =(worksheet name and cell reference) in the formual bar and Ecel will automatically make the box for you.

    I formatted my text in the worksheet in which I placed my Chart Titles and it worked really well.

    tlosgyl3

  4. #4
    JonR
    Guest

    Re: Make chart title based on a cell?

    Thanks for the shortcut tlosgyl3! I'm always looking for the quickest &
    easiest way to do things (comes from being lazy). ;-)
    --

    JonR