Problem regarding dynamic range

  1. #1

    Problem regarding dynamic range

    Hi,

    One quick question:

    I have tried to create a dynamic range using the standard formula:
    =OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNT($A:$A),1)

    However i get an error stating something is wrong in the formula. I know this is very little information, but do you have any idea what could be wrong?

  2. #2

    Re: Problem regarding dynamic range

    Your formula worked ok for me.

    Do you use commas as your list separator--or maybe the semicolon???

    And did you really want Count or CountA?

    I use Debra Dalgeish's site when I need this kind of range name:
    http://contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Problem regarding dynamic range

    try countA

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Peterson
    Your formula worked ok for me.

    Do you use commas as your list separator--or maybe the semicolon???

    And did you really want Count or CountA?

    Dave Peterson
    Hi Dave and Don,

    I think the problem might very well be that i use semicolon instead of comma. I will try it tomorrow.
    Thank you for your help.

  5. #5
    bobocat
    Guest

    Re: Problem regarding dynamic range

    Hi, How can I use dynamic range with some blank cell in the range?

    "erikhs" <[email protected]> 撰寫於郵件新聞:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Problem regarding dynamic range

    where you are looking for a larger than possible number or letter.
    =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,0,MAX(MATCH(99999,Sheet1!$A:$A),MATCH("zzzz",Sheet1!$A:$A)),1)

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...