Populating Last Saved Date in Cell AND also update that same cell in Header

  1. #1
    o0o_Bigs_o0o
    Guest

    Populating Last Saved Date in Cell AND also update that same cell in Header

    Hello all . . .Am new to the VB part of Excel, but here is my question
    as well as my code. I'm looking for some of you Gurus (MVP's) to please
    correct it for me, if possible.
    I would like to populate a cell in my Excel 2000 worksheet (cell
    Q119) with the last saved date, but I don't want the cell to change if
    the worksheet was just opened but NOT Saved! I also want to
    incorporate this same cell (Q119) into the header. The reason for the
    header is because this worksheet is printed and posted on an employee
    bulletin board for those employees that don't have access to the
    spreadsheet on a PC. The header must print on every page, letting the
    employees know how current the posted (printed) version is.

    Boolean)
    Range("Q119").Value = Now()

    With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
    .CenterHeader = ActiveSheet.Range("Q119").Value
    .RightHeader = "&8Page &P & of &N"
    End With
    End Sub

    One other item I would like to add to the Header would be the
    Operator/User that did make the last save, again if possible. I do not
    have that in the above code because I haven't figured out that part as
    of yet.

    Thanx to all for any help that may be provided.

    Jim Buege
    o0o_Bigs_o0o

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    RE: Populating Last Saved Date in Cell AND also update that same cell

    I can help you with filling in the last saved date in the footer.

    With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
    .LeftHeader = ""
    .CenterHeader = _
    "&""Arial,Bold""&12 YourHeaderInfoHere "
    .RightHeader = ""
    .LeftFooter = ""
    .CenterFooter = "" & Chr(10) & "&P of &N"
    .RightFooter = _
    "Last date saved: " &
    Format(ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("last save time").Value,
    "dd-mmm-yyyy")
    End With
    End Sub

  3. #3
    o0o_Bigs_o0o
    Guest

    Re: Populating Last Saved Date in Cell AND also update that same cell

    Thanx Barb . . .
    I changed my code to match yours (with some minor cosmetic mods)
    BUT now my problem is that even if the sheet is just viewed (and/or
    printed) and NOT Saved, the "last saved time" is listing current
    date in the header, (not the last date the worksheet was actually
    saved). (The last time I saved the worksheet was 6/30/06 but the header
    when I viewed and printed page one shows 7/04/06) Just a
    thought, but, when I change the VBA code and save just the code, does
    this also save (and change the date) for the workbook as well?

    I'm sure there's some simple one-liner that needs to be added to
    the code, but I'm the wrong person to know the answer, hence my reason
    for my posts here.

    Thanx again Barb and to anyone else that can help me!

    Jim
    o0o_Bigs_o0o