I have a read only xl file, I need it to be read and write

  1. #1
    drama queen
    Guest

    I have a read only xl file, I need it to be read and write

    this is a file that is changed at least weekly, I feel the answer is "easy"
    but not for me--any help?? JEFF

  2. #2
    Bill Kuunders
    Guest

    Re: I have a read only xl file, I need it to be read and write

    Go to file.... save as....
    give it a new name and voila..!

    greetings from New Zealand

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    drama queen
    Guest

    RE: I have a read only xl file, I need it to be read and write

    I thought it would be this easy, but I cannot get the file name to show in
    full.. It goes .... before completing the entire name----still sad, but
    thanks for the first round attempt!! DQ

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: I have a read only xl file, I need it to be read and write

    Try File>Save As>Tools>General Options.

    Uncheck the read only recommended and save with same name.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP