how do i get my orginal excel file back after saving over it

  1. #1
    dennis
    Guest

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: how do i get my orginal excel file back after saving over it

    You don't.

    It has been overwritten.

    Do you have a backup?

    Did you send it to someone recently and they could send it back?

    Does your IT dept do backups regularly?

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: how do i get my orginal excel file back after saving over it

    Basically you can't - easily!

    I would presume you have already looked to your backup and the Recycle bin

    Files are not always overwritten in the same place. The file may have been
    written to disk in a new place and the new start and end point noted in an
    'index'. there is, therefore a chance that some, if not all your file may
    be recovered. Have a look at Restoration
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html

    Every time you have used your computer since the problem began has reduced
    the chance of recovery and, for the same reason this software should not be
    installed on the problem hard disk. If you have a friend with a computer
    you can install the software and your hard disk you stand a better chance of
    recovery.

    Good luck!!

    Bill Ridgeway
    Computer Solutions