Can I change upper case letters to down case automatically?

  1. #1
    Sirritys
    Guest

    Can I change upper case letters to down case automatically?

    Hi,

    I was just wondering if there is an easy way to change all uppper case
    letters in cells ins spesific range to down case?

    -Sirritys

  2. #2
    RobertVA
    Guest

    Re: Can I change upper case letters to down case automatically?

    Sirritys wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was just wondering if there is an easy way to change all uppper case
    > letters in cells ins spesific range to down case?
    >
    > -Sirritys

    From Excel '97 help:

    Examples

    LOWER("E. E. Cummings") equals "e. e. cummings"

  3. #3
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: Can I change upper case letters to down case automatically?

    I've found changing case in Excel rather limiting. I would rather copy and
    paste the whole lot into Word, make the change there and then copy and past
    back into Excel. However, this may be a bitty job if you have a large
    spreadsheet.

    Regards.

    Bill Ridgeway
    Computer Solutions

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Sirritys
    Guest

    Re: Can I change upper case letters to down case automatically?

    Hi,

    Yes, I think this would work, but requires me to copy cells to other
    worksheet. I was wondering if there is i.e. an easy macro that could
    change them there where they are.

    -Sirritys

  5. #5
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: Can I change upper case letters to down case automatically?

    Whilst in Excel you have the choice of 'upper', 'lower' and 'proper' (title)
    case, in Word you have, in addition, 'sentence' and 'toggle' case which may
    be useful and worth the cutting and pasting.

  6. #6

    Re: Can I change upper case letters to down case automatically?

    See Chip Pearson's site:
    http://cpearson.com/excel/case.htm

    for a macro solution.

  7. #7
    Traveller
    Guest

    RE: Can I change upper case letters to down case automatically?

    ASAP Utilities is a wonderful free add-in that performs something like 300
    useful functions in one easy step, including changing upper case to lower
    case.

    Google "ASAP Utilities."

  8. #8
    Sirritys
    Guest

    Re: Can I change upper case letters to down case automatically?

    Thanks mates,

    those advices will help a lot

    -Sirritys

  9. #9
    Traveller
    Guest

    Re: Can I change upper case letters to down case automatically?

    Glad to hear it!