Starting excel with specific templates

  1. #1

    Starting excel with specific templates

    Hi!

    Hope someone can give me some pointers!

    I have various CSV files that I wish to import in to excel and to reformat based on specific templates. For example, file aaa.csv should use template A, file BBB.csv should use template B. etc. etc

    Is there anyway I can specify which template to use when I'm starting Excel? Basically, I need to do this without any user intervention or is there a better way of doing this?

    Cheers,

    Martin

  2. #2

    Re: Starting excel with specific templates

    I would rename the .csv file to .txt and use a dedicated macro that formatted
    the file the way I wanted for each of the different types.

    Essentially, I'd record a macro for each type and then tweak that code a bit.

  3. #3
    Thanks Dave for the advice..............Cheers.........Martin