Error message creation

  1. #1
    Rich Mogy
    Guest

    Error message creation

    Hi All,
    I have a udf with two radio buttons inside a frame -- another two radio
    buttons inside another frame and then a text box for user input.

    Initially the value of all four radio buttons is false, at the request of
    the user.

    I want to require the user to choose 1 of the 2 from each frame, if they
    enter the txt box without doing so, I want to display a message and then
    take them out of the text box.

    This is my code so far. I know the if statement works because the message
    displays, but the cursor is till in the txtbox.

    Private Sub txtTkint_Enter()
    If (optBill.Value = False And optWork.Value = False) Or (optCalendar.Value =
    False And optFiscal.Value = False) Then
    lblMsg.Caption = "You must choose at least one entry from " & Chr(34) &
    "worked or billable" & _
    Chr(34) & " OR " & Chr(34) & "Fiscal or Calendar Year" & Chr(34) & "
    areas."
    optWork.SetFocus

    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Error message creation

    Sounds like you are on a UserForm, so...
    Why not just set the value of the buttons and tell the user
    what you have done?...

    If ((optBill.Value + optWork.Value ) * (optCalendar.Value + optFiscal.Value)) = 0 Then
    optBill.Value = True
    optCalendar.Value = True
    lblMsg.Caption = "I did it my way"
    End If