Protected Workbook - Not a Good Idea!

  1. #1
    Karen
    Guest

    Protected Workbook - Not a Good Idea!

    I have a workbook that I protected so long ago that I cannot remember the
    password - Big mistake! I want to do a "Save As" and save it as a different
    file name. When I do this, it's still protected. I cannot rename any sheet
    tabs or move or copy any of the sheets. What do I do? Am I SOL? HELP!

    Any help would be greatly appreciated, Karen

  2. #2
    CWillis
    Guest

    RE: Protected Workbook - Not a Good Idea!

    Copy the code from this site:

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

    -Chris

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Protected Workbook - Not a Good Idea!

    John McGimpsey has code to strip out internal passwords.

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP