Why are the Copy and Paste preferences in Excel not as good as Wor

  1. #1
    Dan Nichols
    Guest

    Why are the Copy and Paste preferences in Excel not as good as Wor

    At last MS have given the humble user the ability to set a default option on
    the paste command in Word 2007, hurray.

    You can set this in Word Options>Advanced>Cut, Copy and Paste section. No
    more cross document formatting and styles to worry about.

    So why can't we have the same feature in Excel?

    The same section is Excel lacks the options available in Word.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

  2. #2
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: Why are the Copy and Paste preferences in Excel not as good as Wor

    Copy | Paste Special choose [Values] doesn't fulfill your need? Copies value
    only, not formatting or formula.

  3. #3
    Dan Nichols
    Guest

    RE: Why are the Copy and Paste preferences in Excel not as good as

    Paste special is fine if you want to choose it every time you paste
    something, this has been available since I started using office.

    The new feature in word lets you choose the default action when you CTRL-V,
    so you don't have to keep choosing paste special from the menu to simply
    paste text (or values) without formatting.

    The new options in word make pasting (paste-special) lots of times far
    quicker and less labourious.

  4. #4
    Filipe Lopes
    Guest

    RE: Why are the Copy and Paste preferences in Excel not as good as

    I couldn't agree more!

    Excel should allow the option to Paste Special without updating the
    references and keeping the exact same formulas as the in the original
    (without having to turn the original into absolute ones).

    This is useful when replicating tables that use slightly different
    information sources but in which the bulk of the references are the same as
    in the original table.