countif formula to find the occurances of a number that is greater than one number but less than another

  1. #1
    steveo
    Guest

    countif formula to find the occurances of a number that is greater than one number but less than another

    Hi guys, I have a range where I need to find the occurance of a number
    greater than 10500 but less than 13500 and I think it should look like
    this: =countif(d5:d3200,>10500,<13500) would that be right as far as
    syntax etc? Also how would I copy this formula through multiple
    worksheets (one workbook, whereby the formula moves down 1200 cells
    continuously to the end of the worksheet and hopefully replicates in
    the same spots in ultiple worksheets to the end of the workbook? The
    cell references remain relative throughout. As always I appreciate any
    help you can give me. Thanks!! steveo It shouldn't make any difference
    but this is excel 2004 mac.

  2. #2
    R..VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: countif formula to find the occurances of a number that is greater than one number but less than another

    try this

    =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A9>10500)*(A1:A9<13500))
    A1 to A9 is the data.; modify to suit you.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: countif formula to find the occurances of a number that is greater than one number but less than another

    =COUNTIF(D5:D3200,">10500")-COUNTIF(D5:D3200,">=13500")

    Just copy and past and Excel will adjust it to wherever you paste.

    Bob Phillips

  4. #4
    steveo