Conditional format based on other cells

  1. #1
    Tonto
    Guest

    Conditional format based on other cells

    I can use conditional formatting to change the shading dependent on it's value.

    How can I do conditional formatting based upon another cell.

    e.g. I want to shed column D dependent on the value in column C.

    Any suggestions ?

  2. #2
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: Conditional format based on other cells

    Change the "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is" then enter:

    =C1=100

    When placed in Column D, this will shade column D if C1 = 100. You may use
    any formula that evaluates to TRUE or FALSE. So, something like this would
    also work:

    =OR(AND(C1>0,C1<100),A1="ABC")

    This will shade the cell if C1 is greater than 0 and less than 100, or cell
    A1 contains the text string "ABC".

    HTH,
    Elkar