3rd Security Flaw Found In XL

  1. #1
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    3rd Security Flaw Found In XL

    Wonder why they don't pick on Word?

    That has a wider distribution!

    F Y I

    http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6...ml?tag=nl.e589

    RD
    -------------------

  2. #2
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: 3rd Security Flaw Found In XL

    Could be that Word documents with code in them are relatively rare when
    compared to the number of Excel files that contain some kind of macro or
    other.

    I'm pretty morbidly cautious about Word documents with macros myself, but
    not so much so with Excel files although I run with Macro Security at Medium.
    Since I prefer to code rather than learn all the intricacies of worksheet
    functions, I'm constantly nagged when opening my own workbooks - but consider
    it worth it in the long run.

    Oddly enough (knocks on wood) the only malware that's ever gotten onto one
    of my systems was a Word Macro virus back years ago. Luckily it's only goal
    in life was to spread itself around without actually doing any damage. Got
    that one in a file sent to me by my supervisor for review - and he'd gotten
    it off of a U.S. Government web page as a download!