Strange error when creating list.

  1. #1
    Calle
    Guest

    Strange error when creating list.

    I have a sheet that I want a list in. It has worked without a problem to
    create lists in my other sheets using verify->list but in this sheet nothing
    happens. What can it be?

  2. #2
    damorrison
    Guest

    Re: Strange error when creating list.

    how are you creating this list?

  3. #3
    Calle
    Guest

    Re: Strange error when creating list.

    Hi!
    I wrote it in the first post. verify cell, then choose list.

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Strange error when creating list.

    Calle

    Where do you come up with the menu item verify>list?

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  5. #5
    Calle
    Guest

    Re: Strange error when creating list.

    data->verify

    I have a swedish version but I think it should be the same

  6. #6
    Calle
    Guest

    Re: Strange error when creating list.

    I think it is data-> validation ->list in the english version

  7. #7
    JLatham
    Guest

    Re: Strange error when creating list.

    What is the source of the list? Are you typing in a list or referencing a
    group of cells on the sheet that has the list in them?

    If you are referencing cells they need to be on the same sheet with the cell
    you are setting up.

    If you are typing in a list, like
    hello,goodbye,good morning,good afternoon
    then perhaps if you will tell us what the list contains, we can find
    something that Excel doesn't like and is causing the error.

  8. #8
    Calle
    Guest

    Re: Strange error when creating list.

    I had to delete that scheet and start a new one, now it works. must have been
    a bug