How to do Edit Query from Import External Data.

  1. #1
    Excel General Questions
    Guest

    How to do Edit Query from Import External Data.

    I'd like to import data from external excel file. I did as follows:
    Data\Import External Data\Import Data
    > Select Data Source
    > Go to the path to get data
    > Open the file
    > Import data

    But I'd like to make a Edit Query to sort out items I need.
    For example: Sort out items with the total q'ty more than 100.

    I went to Data\Import External Data\Edit Query. But I couldn't do the
    Command Text.
    Pls help me. Tks

    Tuy Phuong

  2. #2
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: How to do Edit Query from Import External Data.

    Hi

    When sarting with Data>Import External Data>Edit Query, you are allowed to
    set filter conditions, and sorting order.

    Or, in query wizard, you can enter filter conditions and set sorting orders
    in special filter/sort rows of wizard (maybe you have to say wizard to show
    them before).

    Or, in query wizard, you select SQL view from menu, and edit SQL-string
    yourself.

    Arvi Laanemets

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Brasília, Brazil
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

    Re: How to do Edit Query from Import External Data.

    I have the same question, but in my case i need to change de data source location. It chage, depending on the person how use the xls file.

    Is there any possibility to change de path of the access file?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arvi Laanemets View Post