Find and replace part of a text string

  1. #1

    Find and replace part of a text string

    Help! I've been trying to figure out a formula for the following
    problem, but I'm stumped. I have about 2,000 names such as the
    following beginning in cell A1:

    Scott Jameson
    MMSHRL Llc
    Hum Investments Ltd
    El Marcelago, Llc
    Lars Property Investments Llc

    I want to find all the "Llc" and replace it with "LLC".

    Scott Jameson
    MMSHRL LLC
    Hum Investments Ltd
    El Marcelago, LLC
    Lars Property Investments LLC

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Edwin

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Carbondale CO
    Edwin,
    Go to EDIT>REPLACE
    Under the Replace tab in "Find what: type Llc In Replace with: type LLC
    click the options button lower right and select Match case and make sure Match entire cell contents is not selected.

    HTH
    Casey

  3. #3
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Find and replace part of a text string

    Why not use EDIT==>Find==>Replace?