how to combine several files, all with same columns, into one shee

  1. #1
    Landa
    Guest

    how to combine several files, all with same columns, into one shee

    Let say there is 3 excel files. Each file has one sheet and the same columns,
    e.g. column A: product name
    column B: description
    Column C: Price

    How can I combine all the 3 sheets in different files into one sheet of a
    new file?
    I don't want to copy and paste, because in reality, I have more than 100
    files like this.

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: how to combine several files, all with same columns, into one shee

    Landa,

    Assumptions are: data starts in cell A1, the table is contiguous, is on the first sheet of the
    workbook, and all 100 files are in one folder. Also, the total in all files is less than 65536 rows
    of data.

    Copy the macro below into a codemodule of a new workbook, change the path where indicated, and run
    it. When it is done, save the workbook.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    Sub Consolidate()
    Dim myBook As Workbook
    Dim myCalc As XlCalculation
    Dim myShtName As String

    With Application
    .EnableEvents = False
    .DisplayAlerts = False
    myCalc = .Calculation
    .Calculation = xlCalculationManual
    End With

    On Error Resume Next
    With Application.FileSearch
    .NewSearch
    'Change this to your directory
    .LookIn = "C:\Excel\Files to combine"
    .SearchSubFolders = False
    .FileType = msoFileTypeExcelWorkbooks
    If .Execute() > 0 Then
    For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count
    Set myBook = Workbooks.Open(.FoundFiles(i))
    myBook.Worksheets(1).Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Copy _
    ThisWorkbook.Sheets(1).Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(2)
    myBook.Close False
    Next i
    Else: MsgBox "There were no files found."
    End If
    End With
    With Application
    .EnableEvents = True
    .DisplayAlerts = True
    .Calculation = myCalc
    End With

    End Sub

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Landa
    Guest

    Re: how to combine several files, all with same columns, into one

    Thank you very much, Bernie!

  4. #4
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: how to combine several files, all with same columns, into one

    > Thank you very much, Bernie!

    You're quite welcome....

    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP