Ryan- Validation Question

  1. #1
    Mike Smith NC
    Guest

    Ryan- Validation Question

    "This validates the values before the 8-part model number is created. Is
    that what you're looking for? Or do you need to further validate the
    resulting combination against a list of model numbers? "

    I need to further validate the resulting combination against a list of model
    numbers. Any help?

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Ryan- Validation Question

    Create a list of valid model numbers ... say in Column A of Sheet3 ... and
    then validate using:

    =if(ISNA(Match(B2,Sheet3!A:A,0)),"Invalid Model number","")

    B2 contains model number

    If you place this formula in adjacent cell e.g. C2, then message "Invalid
    Model number" will appear if the entry in B2 is not found in column A of
    Sheet3; if model is valid, no message is produced.

    Is this an exceptable solution?

  3. #3
    Mike Smith NC
    Guest