How do I make a formula to have the color change in a field?

  1. #1
    Linds
    Guest

    How do I make a formula to have the color change in a field?

    When I have entered data in a few seperate fields, I want to make a green
    color appear in another field so that my employees know that they filled the
    other boxes in correctly and they can proceed with thier reservation form. I
    have seen this before on other forms, but not sure how to make it work for
    me. Thanks!

  2. #2
    CW
    Guest

    RE: How do I make a formula to have the color change in a field?

    You can use conditional formatting for this

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I make a formula to have the color change in a field?

    Use Conditional Formatting. See
    http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    tim m
    Guest

    RE: How do I make a formula to have the color change in a field?

    It all depends on how many fields you have to fill in and what conditions
    they must meet. For the cell you want to turn green you would go 'format'
    .....'conditional formatting' You would then have to determine what
    conditions have to be met in the cells that have had data entered into them.

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I make a formula to have the color change in a field?

    Linds

    Use Conditional Formatting.

    Assume you enter data in A1 and want B1 to turn green if A1 is correct.

    Select B1 and Format>CF>Formula is:

    =$A$1="qwerty" or =$A$1=123

    Pick a color from Format>Patterns and OK your way out.

    To do several of these at a time, select multi-cells then Formula is:

    =A1="qwerty"

    Note the absence of the $ signs in second scenario.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP