in a data validation list how do i color a choice?

  1. #1
    Sam
    Guest

    in a data validation list how do i color a choice?

    i want the choices to be formated in different colors, or bold or italics, etc.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor VBA Noob's Avatar
    London, England
    MS-Off Ver
    xl03 & xl 07(Jan 09)
    Posts
    11,988
    Think your after Conditional Formatting.

    e.g if cell value = 3 you could change the format to Bold and Red Font.

    VBA Noob

  3. #3
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: in a data validation list how do i color a choice?

    Sam

    You can't

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Sam
    Guest

    Re: in a data validation list how do i color a choice?

    you can, because i am working in a spredsheet that someone else created that
    does. but how?

  5. #5
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: in a data validation list how do i color a choice?

    Sam

    As I pointed out I have maybe misunderstood that you wanted the items in the
    dropdown different colour etc.

    Maybe you should re-describe what you are looking to do and either myself or
    another person will let you know the answer

  6. #6
    Sam
    Guest

    Re: in a data validation list how do i color a choice?

    i see the misunderstanding. i wanted to change color of the item that was
    selected and put in the cell, not the color of the list itself. i think i
    found the answer with conditional formating, it works well and is actually
    fairly inteligble without a manual. thanks for your help.

  7. #7

    color

    yes you can just select the cell you want to color then click format to the menu
    bar then select the conditional formatting