alphabetize names

  1. #1
    brendar
    Guest

    alphabetize names

    I need to alphabetize names in a column automatically? Is that possible?

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: alphabetize names

    Perhaps have a look in help index for SORT. Or, more info.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: alphabetize names

    Brendar

    Could you give an example?

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

  4. #4
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: alphabetize names

    IF you have names in the format <forename family name> AND you need to sort
    by family name you'll need a helper column for the family name element. To
    do this-
    insert a column immediately to the right of the name column
    highlight the name column
    Click on <Data><Text to columns><Next><Space><Next><Finish>

    Regards.

    Bill Ridgeway
    Computer Solutions