Excel Count Weekdays Formula

  1. #1

    Excel Count Weekdays Formula

    I need a Formula that will count weekdays only For Example

    A1-7/13/06

    I am going to need 12 days to complete the task so in another cell i want it to only count 12 working days (monday to friday) and display the result in cell c1

    any help ?

  2. #2
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: Excel Count Weekdays Formula

    The formula is
    =WORKDAY(A1,12)
    but it can be expanded to include a list of holidays: check out Help.

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Excel Count Weekdays Formula

    Hi!

    Try this:

    =WORKDAY(A1,12)

    The workday function requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in be installed. If
    the formula returns #NAME? that probably means you don't have the ATP
    installed. If that's the case, goto the menu Tools>Addins.

    Biff

    "Ziggy M" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Nelly
    Guest

    Re: Excel Count Weekdays Formula

    Hi,

    try NETWORKDAYS() function - just search help as not sure how it works.
    just have start/end date parameters I believe.

    god luck

  5. #5
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Excel Count Weekdays Formula

    =workday(A1,12)

    This is part of analysis toolpak (Tools=>Add-ins=>Analysis Toolpak)

    HTH

  6. #6
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Excel Count Weekdays Formula

    P.S.

    This formula returns the date serial number. You'll have to format the
    formula cell as DATE.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Amazing Thank You

  8. #8
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Excel Count Weekdays Formula

    You're welcome!

  9. #9
    Just an after thought, but if you need to account for holidays, you can use NETWORKDAYS. This will allow you to create a list of holidays that will be skipped in addition to Saturday and Sunday. Please note that this also requires the analysis toolpak to be installed.

  10. #10
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Excel Count Weekdays Formula

    "mhart210" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

    > Just an after thought, but if you need to account for holidays, you can
    > use NETWORKDAYS. This will allow you to create a list of holidays that
    > will be skipped in addition to Saturday and Sunday. Please note that
    > this also requires the analysis toolpak to be installed.

    The WORKDAY function also has an optional holidays argument.

    Syntax

    WORKDAY(start_date,days,holidays)

    Biff