Inserting a chart of data into Word

  1. #1
    ChuckW
    Guest

    Inserting a chart of data into Word

    Hi,

    I have a table of sales numbers by month and a graph of them in Excel. I
    have shrunk the font down to 8 in the table and double click the columns to
    get all of the space out between the numbers and the borders that I put in.
    By doing this I can get all of my data onto a Portrait view of Excel rather
    than having to move it to landscape. I then want to move the chart of
    numbers to Word but when I copy and paste into Word it is too wide. Word
    puts space back in between the numbers and the borders which I can seem to
    shrink. I have tried created a text box and pasting this but this does not
    work either. What I want to do is to take exactly what is in Excel from a
    sizing standpoint and move it to Word. Can anyone help?

    Thanks,

    --
    Chuck W

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Boston, MA US
    Posts
    1,094
    Chuck,

    When you paste it into Word, use the Edit, Paste Special feature and select Formatted Text (RTF).

    HTH

    Steve

  3. #3
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: Inserting a chart of data into Word

    ChuckW, after copying your excel table, you could also try edit-paste
    special-microsoft excel spreadsheet object in Word. The table of numbers
    will be an object and can be resized and moved. HTH
    --
    Sincerely, Michael Colvin