This has been asked, but not answered...

  1. #1
    Kycajun
    Guest

    This has been asked, but not answered...

    I am needing to set a page border in excel. If I just draw a border around
    the whole page, it works, until I have to go back and insert a record later.
    Obviously it moves everything down, including the drawn border. What I need
    is to basically have a permanent border around a set print area. Can this be
    done? I have searched this topic and it has been asked, but not clearly
    answered. I know you geniuses know the answer!!! Thanks!

  2. #2
    Wiley
    Guest

    RE: This has been asked, but not answered...

    How about drawing your border, and then set the Print Area to include only
    that area. Next under Page Setup, set it to "Fit to 1 Pg wide by 1 Pg Tall".
    You will be albel to insert new rows and keep the border. Once you reach a
    row count that would normaly cause a addition of a new page, the area will be
    reduced in size (font and all) to keep fitting on oen page. If this is not
    acceptabel, the only other way i knwo of doing it would be to create a
    macro. Or just redraw the border when you add records.

  3. #3
    dalbin
    Guest

    RE: This has been asked, but not answered...

    I'm not sure if this answers your question, but it may be helpful.

    If you display page breaks, it looks like a border on the worksheet, in that
    it delineates the printed area with a dashed line. You can automatically
    show page breaks on all worksheets within a workbook by pasting the following
    subroutine into a module of the workbook.

    Sub Auto_Open()
    Dim wksht As Worksheet
    For Each wksht In Worksheets
    wksht.DisplayPageBreaks = True
    Next wksht
    End Sub

  4. #4
    Kycajun
    Guest

    RE: This has been asked, but not answered...

    I'm gonna go with Wiley's suggestion for now. It works ~ somewhat ~ how I
    want it to. Thanks for the responses!