hyperlink problems with multiple sheet spreadsheet on Intranet

  1. #1

    hyperlink problems with multiple sheet spreadsheet on Intranet

    Hi,

    I have an Excel 2003 file.

    It has a "menu" sheet which contains hyperlinks to other sheets. The
    hyperlink is the "place in this document" kind - a hyperlink to a
    different sheet in the same workbook.

    Locally everything works fine.

    I am serving the file on an Intranet (IIS 5.0). When the user calls up
    the spreadsheet (either served via http:// or file://), when they click
    on a hyperlink in the menu page, Excel (or IE) tries to reload the
    whole document, instead of simply jumping to the relevant sheet.

    I have tried setting a Base Hyperlink, but same behaviour.

    The message in the browser, when they click on a hyperlink, is "This
    document has been modified. Do you want to save changes?"

    How to I get around this?

  2. #2

    Re: hyperlink problems with multiple sheet spreadsheet on Intranet

    I don't use IIS, but you may want to try replacing the insert|hyperlink style of
    hyperlinks with the worksheet function: =hyperlink().

    I've never seen them fail--but you'll want to test it before you do them all.

    David McRitchie posted this and it might help you:

    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5)
    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheetone!C5)
    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5)

  3. #3

    Re: hyperlink problems with multiple sheet spreadsheet on Intranet

    thanks for that, I'll try and reply back with the results

  4. #4