Subtracting dates

  1. #1
    toot033
    Guest

    Subtracting dates

    Is there a way to subtract 2 dtes and have the result come out in hours?
    I am looking for a way to show the time difference between dates but it has
    to be show in hours. I have tried formating the cell after doing this
    subtraction but this wont work.
    Thanks in Advance.

  2. #2
    Sloth
    Guest

    RE: Subtracting dates

    To get a result in decimal hours (ie. 35.25 equals 35 hours and 15 minutes):
    =24(A2-A1)
    format the cell as a number.

    To get a result in Excel time (ie. 35:15):
    =A2-A1
    format the cell like this...
    [h]:mm

  3. #3