Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

How to replace "#N/A" w "0"when vlookup couldn't find the match?

  1. #1
    Holly
    Guest

    How to replace "#N/A" w "0"when vlookup couldn't find the match?

    I try not to show "#N/A" when my vloopup couldn't find the match on the report.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly
    I try not to show "#N/A" when my vloopup couldn't find the match on the report.
    One way is to use the ISERR function.

    IF(ISERR(VLOOKUP(...),0,VLOOKUP(...))

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: How to replace "#N/A" w "0"when vlookup couldn't find the match?

    Did you try it? That won't work at all, since ISERR will always return
    FALSE when passed #N/A!

    From XL Help:

    > ISERR
    > Returns the logical value TRUE if value refers to any error value
    > except #N/A; otherwise it returns FALSE.

    One could use ISERROR(), which does trap #N/A, but that would mask other
    errors as well. Better to use ISNA

    =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(...)),"",VLOOKUP(...))

    though out of sheer cussedness I prefer the slightly more efficient

    =IF(ISNA(MATCH(A1,J:J,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(A1,J:K,2,FALSE))

    In article <[email protected]>,
    LarryLL <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Holly Wrote:
    > > I try not to show "#N/A" when my vloopup couldn't find the match on the
    > > report.

    > One way is to use the ISERR function.
    >
    > IF(ISERR(VLOOKUP(...),0,VLOOKUP(...))

Closed Thread