How to enter in A1 name for row and for column w/diagonal split?

  1. #1
    Bob
    Guest

    How to enter in A1 name for row and for column w/diagonal split?

    I'm trying to label cell A1 in an Excel spreadsheet so that the row name is
    identified as well as the column name in this same cell A1, separated by a
    diagonal. I can draw the diagonal, but how do you get the row name to appear
    in the upper right of the cell and the column name to appear in the lower
    left?
    --
    SgtBob

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    there's really no way that I can think of to do it besides maniplating the cell using wrap text to make it look like it was formatted like you want

    here's an example. look at my formula bar to see how I just used spaces and word wrap to make the words show up as they have.
    oh and a diagonal border through the cell
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3
    Bob
    Guest

    Re: How to enter in A1 name for row and for column w/diagonal spli

    No matter how I try to copy and paste or to type in
    http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5055 I continue to get an
    error. It keeps sending me '...invalid attachmetn...see administrator...'.

    If you have another way to view this item, I woudl appreciate a reply.
    --
    SgtBob

  4. #4
    Bob
    Guest

    Re: How to enter in A1 name for row and for column w/diagonal spli

    I did finally manage to view your attachment. It would appear to work, but
    this shouldn't be that difficult. Surely Microsoft has en countered this
    question beofre. Thansk for the repsonse.
    --
    SgtBob