Help, my column headings have turned from letters into numbers!

  1. #1

    Help, my column headings have turned from letters into numbers!

    I have no idea how it happened, but every time I open a new Excel spreadsheet all of my column headings are numbers instead of letters. How do I turn it back? It's making it very confusing for me to enter formulas since referring to a cell as "A1", for example, no longer works.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Forum Expert
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    1,500
    go to tools, options, general, is the R1C1 boc ticked? if it is untick it!

    Regards

    Dav

  3. #3
    dramajuana
    Guest

    RE: Help, my column headings have turned from letters into numbers!

    Go to Tools, Click the "General" tab and uncheck "R1C1 reference style"

  4. #4
    Thank you both very much! I went and unchecked the box and all is back to normal.