Grouping Files In Taskbar

  1. #1
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Bristol, UK
    MS-Off Ver

    Grouping Files In Taskbar

    Hi all,

    This may be an XP question - if so, apologies. Here goes anyhow:

    For some reason Excel has stopped grouping my open spreadsheets in the Windows taskbar (or displaying more than one when there's room). I now simply get the one generic 'Microsoft Excel' item, and have to go to the 'Window' option in Excel to look at other open workbooks.

    Obviously not life-threatening, but kind of annoying when I've got five or six documents open. Can anyone suggest how I can get Excel/XP to group the lot in the taskbar - it was much easier to access the documents that way.

    Oh, and I've checked that 'group similar taskbar buttons' is checked in 'Taskbar and Start Menu Properties'.

    TIA,

    SamuelT
    Last edited by SamuelT; 07-24-2006 at 09:23 AM.

  2. #2
    Zone
    Guest

    Re: Grouping Files In Taskbar

    In Excel, click on Tools, then Options. On the View tab, make sure
    Windows in Taskbar is checked. James

  3. #3
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Bristol, UK
    MS-Off Ver
    Thanks Zone - hit the nail on the head!!!