Enter free form text into box upon opening excel

  1. #1
    dan
    Guest

    Enter free form text into box upon opening excel

    (i don't know if this is possible). Can you create a box that popups when you
    open excel and enter information into it that will then populate certain
    cells in other spreadsheets (in the same workbook)? What is the box called? I
    have figured out how to build both a dialog box and a user form to have the
    buttons and the fields that I want but I can't get it to pupup on opening the
    workbook and I can't get it to reference the field. I want the informtation
    to be free form text.

    Any help would be great-

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Forum Expert mrice's Avatar
    Surrey, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2013
    Posts
    4,967

    Response

    There are a couple of ways to trigger the appearance of a userform on start up.

    1 call the macro Auto_open and locate it on a module sheet
    2 Call the macro Workbook_open and place it on the ThisWorkbook tab in the VBA editor

    The code would be something like

    Sub Auto_open()
    UserForm1.Show
    End Sub
    Martin

  3. #3
    dan
    Guest

    Re: Enter free form text into box upon opening excel

    Thanks -

    I appreciate the help!

    dan