Conditional formating-format the cell background "Red".

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Conditional formating-format the cell background "Red".

    Need help figuring out a formula please.

    If "date entered" in cell exceedes todays date by 4 days, then format the cell background "Red".

    Thanks so much for any help you can give.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    re: Conditional formating-format the cell background "Red".

    Use a formula of

    =A2>=TODYA()+4

    where A2 is assumed as the first cell with CF

    "Unplugged" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    re: Conditional formating-format the cell background "Red".

    Should be TODAY() of course

    news:uYRPVx#[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Thanks so much but...

    Wow! Thanks so much for the quick reply.
    Thought your formula works for the question I asked, I'm afraid I incorrectly asked my question.
    My apologies. I will try again.

    In Cell A1 I have entered a date. Eg. 01/01/06
    What I want is for that cell to turn red when 4 days have passed the entered date.

    Looking forward to your reply.
    Cheers

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    re: Conditional formating-format the cell background "Red".

    Exactly 4 days?

    =A2=TODAY()-4

    or more than 4 days?

    =A2<=TODAY()-4

    Bob Phillips

  6. #6

    got it working, but with one more small issue.

    OK
    I got it to work by using
    =TODAY()>A1+4
    The cell now turns 'red' when 4 days have passed, which is exactly what I wanted.

    Now the only problem is...
    When I copy that conditional formating to another cell, which is 'empty', it gets filled in with 'red'.
    Is there a way to stop this from happening?

    Thanks again.

  7. #7
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    re: Conditional formating-format the cell background "Red".

    Click on the cell (let's call it A1)
    Use Format | Conditional Formatting
    Formula: $A$1-TODAY()>4
    Then set colour as needed