Today() Now() and other stories!!!!

  1. #1

    Today() Now() and other stories!!!!

    Hi,

    I am trying to write a formula that will return a value of "Yes"; if the date in cell E1 for arguments sake, is less than 18 years ago. Conversely, if the date is more than 18 years ago it needs to return "no".

    Hope y'all can help?

    Regards

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Would this work for you?

    =if((year(today())-year(e1))<18,"Yes","No")

    Hope that helps

    Regards

    Carl

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobbcouk

  3. #3
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Canada, Quebec
    see attach document
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #4
    HI,
    The formula works for the year but not the day! I deal with a lot of students and I need a formula to update as they turn 18. I was fooling around with the same idea i.e. Year(Today().

    Regards

  5. #5
    Sloth
    Guest

    RE: Today() Now() and other stories!!!!

    =IF(DATEDIF(E1,TODAY(),"Y")<18,"Yes","No")

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    Not sure if this is exactly hat you want but seems to work as a work around on mine!!!

    =IF(((TODAY()-E1)/6574.5)>1,"No","Yes")

    The 6574.5 being 18 multiplied by 365 1/4 days to get the correct number f days?

    Any better?

    Carl

  7. #7
    stormy
    Guest

    RE: Today() Now() and other stories!!!!

    I believe this will work for age 18, replace 'x' with your cell reference to
    the age.

    =IF(DATE(YEAR(x)+18, MONTH(x), DAY(x)) < TODAY(), "Old Enough", "Too Young")

    You avoid worrying about leap years by piecing the date together from
    components.

  8. #8
    Thanks Guys it works great