  1. #1
    Army Guy

    I'm not even sure how to ask the question so here's what I have...
    2003 2004 2005
    Actual/Goal Actual/Goal Actual/Goal
    Me 1009/1061 591/866 658/897
    Comp. A 966/1012 633/811 624/808
    Comp. B 699/744 450/593 480/607
    Comp. C 957/1005 642/821 665/838

    I wanto to show a bar for each competitor, for each year, so there will be 4
    bars for each year. Each bar showing Actual performance & Performance Goal
    in the same bar (diff colors). For example, if Competitor A had a goal of
    100, but Actual Performance of 50, I want a bar that goes up to 100 with half
    of it (50%) in a different color - showing performance vs goal in the same
    bar. How the hec do I do this??? I'll name my first born after you if
    you'll help!

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: DEADLINE... PLEASE HELP! Stacked Bar chart?

    Hey Army Guy,

    You need to set up your data table like this, where Goal is actually Goal - Actual (from your original data). Excel ADDS the numbers when doing a stacked bar chart, so you need to use a difference for the Goal numbers. Note that this table is 7 columns by 13 rows, with one row or headers and one column of labels. Each group of data is offset from all the others, and the rest of the cells are blank. You can either use stacked bar or percentage stacked bar charts.

    Actual 2003 Goal 2003 Actual 2004 Goal 2004 Actual 2005 Goal 2005
    Me 1009 52
    Comp A 966 46
    Comp B 699 45
    Comp C 957 48