How to Name Chart Objects

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Wisconsin
    MS-Off Ver

    How to Name Chart Objects

    I have a spreadsheet that summarizes energy Key Indicators for all of our companies US plants. There are approximately 150 individual charts and I want to automate so they are dynamic.

    Apparently I can't use named formulas to set my Y-Axis minimum or maximum scales, nor the major or minor unit values. I can, however, use the Worksheet_Activate event and set these values so they are also dynamic.

    My problem is that the graphs were created over time and as a result the numbering is almost random.

    Is there a utility available that will allow me to manually cycle and set the individual chart object names to a meaningful (to me) naming convention?

    With some trial and error, I can probably create VBA code that will cycle through all of the chart object on the active worksheet, create an input box and assign the name. I was just hoping for a little bit of a time saver...
    Thanks!
    Dennis

    I am using Windows 7 and Office 2007, all of my posts are based on this.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How to Name Chart Objects