PivotTable - summing more than one data field

  1. #1
    Kruti
    Guest

    PivotTable - summing more than one data field

    Hi, this may be a stupid question, but I can't figure it out! I have data in
    the following format:

    Product Price Quantity Revenue
    Client 1 X 1 2 2
    Client 1 Y 5 7 35
    Client 1 X 1 10 10
    Client 2 X 1 3 3

    I would like to create a pivot table that shows both the total quantity and
    revenue by client by product. I can easily make the table for either
    quantity or revenue, but am not sure how to show the sums for two data fields
    at the same time.

    Example:
    Quantity Revenue
    Client 1
    Product X 12 12
    Product Y 7 35
    Client 2 3 3

    Can you tell me how to do this? Thanks!

  2. #2
    SSG QuarterMaster
    Guest

    RE: PivotTable - summing more than one data field

    First label the column with client 1. then create your pivot table with the
    range you need (example A1:E5), tell the wizard where you want it created.
    then click on the layout button and click and drag cliet column to the ROW
    field, Product to the COLUMN field. Then click and drag quantity and Revenue
    to the data area. If they do not show Sum of Quantity and Sum of Revenue
    then double click each one and select Sum. Then if you do not want to see
    each row and column totals then click on the options button and check or
    uncheck the appropriate boxes. Then click finish and the table will appear as
    shown below.

    Product
    Client Data x y
    client 1 Sum of Quantity 12 7
    Sum of Revenue 12 35
    Client 2 Sum of Quantity 3
    Sum of Revenue 3

  3. #3
    Kruti
    Guest

    RE: PivotTable - summing more than one data field

    Thanks. Is is possible to have the "Sum of Quantity" and "Sum of Revenue" as
    columns instead of rows?

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: PivotTable - summing more than one data field

    Drag the Data field button onto the cell that contains the word "Total",
    as shown here:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures

  5. #5
    Kruti
    Guest

    Re: PivotTable - summing more than one data field

    Perfect, thank you!!