CTRL+SHIFT+END extends selection of cells to last - how reset?

  1. #1
    LisaH
    Guest

    CTRL+SHIFT+END extends selection of cells to last - how reset?

    I have been working on spreadheets with large amounts of data, that I have
    manipulated and some of which I have deleted, when I want to select it all,
    and press CTRL+SHIFT+END is goes row 14000 where the data originally ended
    instead of 6000 where it ends now.
    I wondered if there was anyway to reset what excel considers the last used
    cell to be?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor VBA Noob's Avatar
    London, England
    MS-Off Ver
    xl03 & xl 07(Jan 09)
    Posts
    11,988
    Select blanks cells. Go to Edit Clear all. Save workbook and should clear area.

    or select cells press F5. select blanks and then Edit clear all.

    VBA Noob

  3. #3

    Re: CTRL+SHIFT+END extends selection of cells to last - how reset?

    LisaH wrote:
    > I have been working on spreadheets with large amounts of data, that I have
    > manipulated and some of which I have deleted, when I want to select it all,
    > and press CTRL+SHIFT+END is goes row 14000 where the data originally ended
    > instead of 6000 where it ends now.
    > I wondered if there was anyway to reset what excel considers the last used
    > cell to be?

    Hi LisaH

    Save the workbook, the used range will be re-calculated.

    Regards

    Steve

  4. #4
    LisaH
    Guest

    Re: CTRL+SHIFT+END extends selection of cells to last - how reset?

    Already tried that!

  5. #5
    LisaH
    Guest

    Re: CTRL+SHIFT+END extends selection of cells to last - how reset?

    That didn't work either, thanks anyway.

  6. #6

    LisaH wrote:
    > Already tried that!

    Then I suspect that you haven't actually got rid of all your data
    and/or formatting, see VBANoob's suggestion.

    Regards

    Steve

  7. #7

    LisaH wrote:
    > That didn't work either, thanks anyway.

    Copy only your used range into a new sheet and delete the original.

    Regards

    Steve

  8. #8
    LisaH
    Guest

    Re: CTRL+SHIFT+END extends selection of cells to last - how reset?

    I have tried that now, and it still isn't working. Thanks

  9. #9
    Forum Contributor VBA Noob's Avatar
    London, England
    MS-Off Ver
    xl03 & xl 07(Jan 09)
    Posts
    11,988
    You might have to close excel down but does work

    VBA Noob

  10. #10

    Re: CTRL+SHIFT+END extends selection of cells to last - how reset?

    Debra Dalgleish shows techniques to reset that last used cell:
    http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused