Macro Error when Sheet is Protected

  1. #1
    Johnny
    Guest

    Macro Error when Sheet is Protected

    I deleted a Macro that I had previously set up in a workbook. When I
    password protect one of my sheets and try to click in a any locked cell on
    the sheet I get an error message that the macro I deleted cannot be found. I
    need to be able to protect the sheet so I hope someone can help me resolve
    this.

  2. #2
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: Macro Error when Sheet is Protected

    It may be that you have code in the Worksheet_SelectionChange area that is
    trying to call your deleted macro. You can check it by right clicking on the
    worksheet tab, and selecting View code.

    Hope this helps,
    Miguel.

  3. #3
    Johnny
    Guest

    RE: Macro Error when Sheet is Protected

    I couldn't find the problem in the code. When unprotect the worksheet, I
    able to click on what I want with that error message coming up. I have
    hypelinks set up on that worksheet and when I protect it, every cell I click
    in brings up an macro error message telling me that the macro (the one I
    deleted) cannot be found.

  4. #4
    Johnny

  5. #5
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: Macro Error when Sheet is Protected

    Sorry, then I don't know what can be reason.

    Miguel.

  6. #6
    Miguel Zapico

  7. #7

    Re: Macro Error when Sheet is Protected

    Do you have any worksheet events (or workbook events or application events)
    running that call another routine?