Can you use formulas in conditional formatting or do I think diff.

  1. #1
    KenRamoska
    Guest

    Can you use formulas in conditional formatting or do I think diff.

    I have a spreadsheet with names and dates. They want a date to turn
    color or do something when the date hits 3 years old. So if I did something
    on 1.1.04 they want it to indicate expired when 1.1.07 hits.
    Thanks!!!!

  2. #2
    willwonka
    Guest

    Re: Can you use formulas in conditional formatting or do I think diff.

    Sure... Using Conditional Formatting, assuming date is in A1:

    Format... Conditional Formatting...
    Hit Drop down to say Formula is
    =if(now()-a1>1095,1,0)
    Click on Format to change to desired result.
    That should do it.

  3. #3
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Can you use formulas in conditional formatting or do I think diff.

    There could be a leap year within that 3-year span (generally), so
    maybe better to make it:

    =if(now()-a1>1096,1,0)

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  4. #4
    KenRamoska
    Guest

    Re: Can you use formulas in conditional formatting or do I think d

    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  5. #5
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Can you use formulas in conditional formatting or do I think diff.

    ........ alternative method is to create a RangeName given a value of
    =EDATE(TODAY(),-36)

    ........then do a CF of "CellValueIs", "less than or equal to",
    =YourRangeName

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3