How do I copy a header to insert on multilpe sheets in a workbook

  1. #1
    Coop
    Guest

    How do I copy a header to insert on multilpe sheets in a workbook

  2. #2

    Re: How do I copy a header to insert on multilpe sheets in a workbook

    Sometimes just applying the header is easier than copy|pasting...

    Select the worksheet with the header you like, ctrl click on the other worksheet
    tabs.

    Then do file|page setup and apply the header/footer once more.

    Finally, ungroup those sheets.

  3. #3
    Wiley
    Guest

    Re: How do I copy a header to insert on multilpe sheets in a workb

    One other workaround is to create a macro. If you are new to macros, in
    this case it is easy.

    1. Start witha worksheet without the header.
    2. Tools -> Macro -> Recrod New Nacro
    3. Under Macro Name: type Copy_Header
    4. Click OK
    5. GO TO File -> Setup and create your header.
    6. When you are complete with the header, go to toTool -> Macros -> Stop
    Recording.
    7. Then all you need to do copy the header, is to go to the next sheet. Go
    to Tools -> Macro -> Macros. Somply click run. Repeat this step for each
    worksheet.

    This macro will work for any sheet in the workook. For more information
    about copying macros toother workbooks, type "copy entire macro" in the
    Office Assistant or on the Answer Wizard tab in the Excel Help window, click
    Search. Next click Copy a macro, and then click Copy a macro module to
    another workbook.

    Hope this helps.