copying and holding certain cells in the function

  1. #1

    copying and holding certain cells in the function

    Hello all,

    I'm having a slight problem with an Excel function that I hope someone can help me with:

    Here's the function that's in the cell:
    = COUNT(G12:G66)/(((countbycolor(G5:G65, 46,FALSE))+(countbycolor(A5:A65,40,FALSE)))

    I then have to drag this cell to the right (thus copying the function to display the new calculated values). However, I'd like have everthing shift (G12:G66 to H12:H66 to I12:I66 etc...) except A5:A65. I would like to hold this value as is. Is this possible???

    Thank you very much in advance.
    Regards,

    Ron.

  2. #2
    tim m
    Guest

    RE: copying and holding certain cells in the function

    Make A5:A65 an absolute cell location by putting $ in the formula like so:
    $A$5:$A$65
    You can manually type in the $ or click on that part of the formula and use
    F4 to cycle through types of cell addresses.